Denver International Airport (DIA) is one of the few airports in the world where I am happy to have an extended layover. I’ve even changed my travel so that I end up in Denver around dinnertime – it’s that good! When you spend a lot of time on the road, you start to really appreciate healthy, high quality and good tasting food and Denver has plenty of options to choose from.
With a mission “To serve amazing, healthy food to as many people as possible” it’s not surprising that I am obsessed with this place. ModMarket has gluten free, vegetarian, vegan and dairy-free options on their menu, which also has nutrition information so you can easily select the best option for you. Check out either of the two locations and you won’t be disappointed.
Other Great Options
- Etai’s Bakery Cafe (B22) Menu
- Jamba Juice (B Gates – mezzanine, C32, Jeppesen Terminal Level 6 west)
- Pour La France (B Gates – center, Jappesen Terminal Level 6 west) Menu
- Cru Food and Wine Bar (B51) Menu
- Elways (B Gates – Center) Menu
Root Down is my absolute favorite place to eat at DIA and potentially my top airport restaurant. They describe their food as “Globally influenced cuisine that features an abundance of vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options using locally-farmed, sustainable and organic ingredients as much as possible.” I can’t recommend this place enough – great tasting, healthy and extremely high quality food. This is an outpost of an insanely popular spot they have in the city which I was turned onto by a friend.
More Great Options:
- Grill and Vine (Westin Hotel)
- Denver Chophouse (A Gates – Center) Menu
- Chef Jimmy’s Bistro and Spirits (A Gates – Center) Menu
As always, we’d love to hear your suggestions in the comment box below. What are your favorite healthy eating spots at DIA?